CLC Sequence Viewer 8.0.0 is the final release of this product. The functionality this product provided is now available by running the QIAGEN CLC Genomics Workbench or QIAGEN CLC Main Workbench without a license, in Viewing Mode.
Improvements and changes
- The history of a data element can now be exported as a CSV format file.
- Fixed an issue where data exported with gzip or zip compression did not have the .gz or .zip suffix appended to the filename when earlier exports had been made with the same name and export location specified.
- The GCG sequence exporter has been removed. The GCG alignment exporter is unaffected by these changes.
- HTML formatting tags are now removed during export of data to Excel .xlsx or .xls format. This change does not affect the export of hyperlinks.
- The Search for Sequences at NCBI tool now uses accession.version identifiers instead of GI numbers, as GI numbers are being phased out by NCBI (see https://ncbiinsights.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2016/07/15/ncbi-is-phasing-out-sequence-gis-heres-what-you-need-to-know/.)
- In table views, it is now possible to filter columns with the filters "Is in list" and "Is not in list" when the values are numbers.
- The help window can now be closed by pressing the escape key.
- The "Help" and "Reset" buttons in pop-up dialogs are now buttons with text labels. They were previously buttons with icons.
- All wizard steps are now shown in the wizard sidebar when starting a tool or workflow.
- Various minor improvements.
- Fixed an issue where filtering a log for a job that was still running would result in error dialogs.
- Fixed an issue where a warning message about paired reads was incorrectly displayed when creating a new Sequence List with single end reads and an odd number of sequences.
- Fixed a bug where a cell containing multiple hyperlinked URLs caused export to Excel 2010 or Excel 97-2007 format to fail. Such cell contents are now written in plain text.
- Various minor bugfixes.
The functionality of the CLC Sequence Viewer is now available using QIAGEN CLC Genomics Workbench 11 in Viewing Mode
. Viewing Mode does not
require a license and can be used for free.