At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 6000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
The Vice President Global Sales, QIAGEN Digital Insights (QDI) will report to the Senior Vice President, QIAGEN Digital Insights Business Area, and will serve as a member of the QDI Leadership Team. This executive will lead a team of over 80 global sales professionals. This executive must manage and lead through a multi-level team of Regional Directors and Regional Sales Managers to assure optimization of product messaging and implementation of the corporate strategic and resulting tactical plans. This position must have knowledge of E-commerce strategies, market dynamics across various segments, and all forms of funding bodies. The Vice President will be responsible for budget achievement, identifying and understanding market trending, and for driving all initiatives through their direct reports ensuring excellent execution throughout the organization. The Vice President must effectively work with all departments to maximum revenue generation.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of driving profitable, sustainable growth in relevant industry segments. This leader will have demonstrated ability to quickly establish credibility with the QIAGEN team and with our external stakeholders (customers, business partners, KOLs). By assessing the current organization, optimizing business performance, and building an organization that seeks to deliver on QIAGEN’s “Sample to Insight” value proposition, this leader will continue to strengthen QIAGEN’s market position, and enhance the customer experience.
– Manage the P&L to achieve global P&L targets for top-line growth, market share performance, and profit.
– Evaluate the current organizational approach, and make changes as appropriate, to support the achievement of P&L goals, as well as other strategic objectives.
– Attract, retain and motivate a high-performance team, that collaborates effectively, and is motivated to achieve, and exceed the team’s collective goals in the marketplace.
– Balance global alignment and regional needs
– Leverage interdisciplinary experience, cross-functional understanding of the whole organization, as well as an international mindset to contribute to, and/or lead, global strategic projects.
– Develop and execute operational strategy, and tactics, aligned with QIAGEN’s Business Areas (Digital Insights, Molecular Diagnostics, and Life Sciences).
– Coach and develop individuals/teams to ensure performance, skill developments and tool utilization to accomplish key corporate targets, and personal goals.
– Provide management oversight of regional governance.
– Minimum of 10 years’ experience in comparable positions in Informatics industry with 7 years in management including 3-5 in a multi-level capacity.
– Degree in Business Management or Science; ideally PhD or MBA.
– Demonstrated customer orientation on a high level.
– Strong analytical skills, perspective and judgment and strategic approach.
– Demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
– Ability to implement strategy through their team; delegates effectively.
– Proven sales and commercial operations background.
– Demonstrated ability to develop and coach next level management.
– Proven ability to sell at the Director, Vice President and Chief Executive level in an organization.
– Able to successfully work in a multicultural/global environment.
– Good understanding of legal issues impacting local sales operations.
– Able to create and develop resolution to complex problems while meeting objectives.
– Excellent listening, presentation and communication skills for all business levels
– Strong and established network of customers / influencers / scientists.
– High level of energy and passion to deliver impact; action oriented.
– A dynamic leader who engenders followership and can build the next generation of leaders.
– Unimpeachable ethics and known as a QIAGEN culture carrier.
– A leader who takes on issues and challenges directly; comfortable with ambiguity, and can structure and implement win-win opportunities.
The estimated base salary range for this position is $200,000 – $300,000. Compensation will be based on the candidate’s experience, skills, geographic location, and other job-related factors. In addition to base salary, we offer a total compensation package that includes annual performance bonus and generous benefits.
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
QIAGEN complies with applicable laws regarding the confidentiality of employee health information and the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Candidates who require accommodation should contact Benefits@QIAGEN.com. This policy is part of QIAGEN’s ongoing efforts to support public health efforts and to ensure the safety and-well-being of its employees, customers, business partners, and community.