Sr. Network Engineer QDI
At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 6000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
QIAGEN Bioinformatics delivers systems biology expertise to biologists and bioinformaticians in commercial and academic settings through pathways analysis software, genome-scale computable network databases, and knowledge management software and infrastructure, resulting in increased R&D productivity and faster drugs to market.
Reporting to the Director of IT Operations, and working closely with a highly talented team of UNIX system administrators, DBA’s and systems engineers, as Network and Security Engineer you will be responsible for the architecture, implementation and day to day management of Ingenuity’s network infrastructure. Your responsibilities will include:
- Administration of 80+ Cisco network devices, including 65xx and 37xx series switches (access, core and distribution), 72xx and 35xx series routers, FWSM and ASA series firewalls, Fortinet FW’s, and F5 web load balancers.
- LAN/WAN/Internet network and security architecture and administration
- Internet and WAN routing, including BGP and site-to-site VPN, IPSEC, MPLS
- Coordination with outside vendors, including Telcom, ISP and collocation service contracts.
- Develop and maintain detailed system and process documentation.
- Provide training to other NA’s to back you up in your area of responsibility
- In-depth packet/protocol level network traffic analysis for troubleshooting of complex system issues and performance optimization
- Participate in 24×7 on-call support responsibilities for globally dispersed data centers in 5+ countries and rapidly expanding.
Frequent off-hours work may be required / some travel required
Education, Skills & Experience Required:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Active CCNP / CCSP certifications preferred
- At least 7 years of experience in network and security administration in a 80+ network device environment, with demonstrated knowledge and experience managing Fortinet FW and Cisco enterprise and data center class switching, routing and security systems.
- Prior experience managing remote production data centers globally dispersed with servers, virtualization, enterprise storage arrays, full redundancy and vendor management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the following technologies, management and monitoring tools or equivalents: Nagios, Ethereal, RSA, Cisco ISE and ACS, Cisco NetFlow, Cisco ASA, Fortinet FW, F5 BigIP, Wireless, and VOIP, video conferencing troubleshooting.
- Proficiency with UNIX and expertise with standard core UNIX network services such as DNS, SMTP, NTP, SMTP, virtualization, etc. (Windows & MAC experience a plus)
Education, Skills & Experience DESIRED:
- CCIE +Security certification a plus
- CISSP security certification a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Fortinet, Cisco , F5 load balancers
- Professional certification in UNIX / Linux administration
- Knowledge of IP telephony, video conferencing a plus.
- Hands-on experience participating in certification processes and operational methodologies such as SAS-70, ITIL, ISO 17799/BS799
- Additional years of experience in network and security administration
- Prior experience working an ASP / SaaS, or ISP environment
- Ability to manage projects independently.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
QIAGEN requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for new hires in all U.S. states other than Montana effective as of September 1, 2021. New hires and candidates will be required to present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination within three business days of start date or upon entry into the office (i.e., for interviews), whichever comes first. QIAGEN complies with applicable laws regarding the confidentiality of employee health information and the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Candidates who require accommodation should contact Benefits@QIAGEN.com. This policy is part of QIAGEN’s ongoingefforts to support public health efforts and to ensure the safety and-well-being of its employees, customers, business partners, and community.
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.