At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
This position is an exciting role working with a range of scientists and determining how to address their data analysis and interpretation needs using QIAGEN Digital Insights well established and superior products and services, including Ingenuity Pathway Analysis (IPA), CLC Genomics Workbench, OmicSoft Oncoland, Diseaseland and more (https://digitalinsights.qiagen.com/). This is a fantastic position for candidates that enjoy working with people and problem solving. You will be intellectually challenged and benefit from being exposed to a wide range of experimental approaches to scientific problems in commercial and academic contexts.
The Field Application Scientist is responsible for presenting, to individuals and groups of various size, customer objective focused scientific software demonstrations, custom software product trainings, and other activities that show the application and value of QIAGEN Digital Insights bioinformatics analysis products and services. These products and services provide analysis of gene expression, sequence variants, pathways, microbial metagenomics and other data types. The scientist will work internally with sales, marketing, customer support, and R&D teams as a customer advocate.
- Become a power-user of QIAGEN’s portfolio of data analysis and biological interpretation products (Ingenuity Pathway Analysis, Omicsoft, CLC Genomics workbench and more).
- Engage in scientific discussions with customers and cultivate relationships.
- Leverage deep scientific knowledge to identify customer challenges and map them to QIAGEN’s biological data analysis and interpretation products and services.
- Deliver scientific workshops on defined case studies to showcase the value and effectiveness of software applications within the context of the prospect or customer’s research.
- Provide scientific presentations and compelling pre-sales product demonstration for potential customers within the context of the customer’s research field and application.
- Analyze customer data for presentations or analyze public data for case studies.
- Train and support new customers including delivering product-training seminars.
- Work closely with customers to understand their product requirements and communicate these requirements to the marketing and engineering teams for inclusion in future product development activities.
- Collaborate with Sales to develop and nurture key account technical relationships.
- Support Marketing activities at targeted events.
- PhD or equivalent experience in molecular biology, bioinformatics or genetics-related field, including wet-lab work, with focus on the biological interpretation of gene expression, sequence variant analysis, or microbial data analysis using analysis software. Post-doctoral is desired, and existing field application scientist work is highly desired.
- Experience with Ingenuity Pathway Analysis, Omicsoft Oncoland, Diseaseland, CLC Genomics Workbench, software is desired.
- Experience with SQL, R and/or Python desired but not required
- Familiarity with public data (GEO, TCGA, SRA, GTEx etc.) highly desired.
- Experience with pipelines such as single cell RNA-seq, RNA-seq, DNA-seq etc. desired.
- Demonstrated excellent written, presentation, and verbal communications skills including demonstrated public speaking experience
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with ability to work as a team
- Aptitude for understanding and communicating complex computational concepts, applications and algorithms to non-computer savvy biologists
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- This is a field-based role where you will work from your personal home office with local and regional travel.
- Willing to travel between 30-60% of the time. Proactive self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple tasks in a result-oriented, commercial environment and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to multitask a variety of assignments and proven ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Home-office Location: Greater Boston area
QIAGEN requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for new hires in all U.S. states other than Montana effective as of September 1, 2021. New hires and candidates will be required to present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination within three business days of start date or upon entry into the office (i.e., for interviews), whichever comes first. QIAGEN complies with applicable laws regarding the confidentiality of employee health information and the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Candidates who require accommodation should contact Benefits@QIAGEN.com. This policy is part of QIAGEN’s ongoing efforts to support public health efforts and to ensure the safety and-well-being of its employees, customers, business partners, and community.
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.