At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
As part of QIAGEN Bioinformatics, this research and development team is responsible for the development, testing, deployment, and support of MarkerMine™. MarkerMine™ is a precision oncology platform that matches cancer patients to therapies based on molecular tests.
The candidate who fills this role will:
- Work on a cross-functional agile team, collaborating closely with Product and Scientists to Design and Develop full-stack features
- Write well-documented, extensible, and maintainable software code that adheres to generally accepted programming standards
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation, and implementation of new features, including UI aspects and integration with server APIs
- Be responsible for the overall quality of the code, including unit testing, functional testing, and performance
- Mentor other engineers on the team
- Bachelors/Masters/Doctorate in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in writing SQL queries to extract required data from a relational database
- Experience with Agile Software Development model and with Software Engineering tools like JIRA, git, etc.
- Experience in interfacing with users, gathering and analyzing requirements
- Experience in creating functional and architectural design and taking the design through the review process and implementation
- Produce high-quality implementation, seek, and incorporate feedback through code review
- Knowledge of Restful API and best practice
- Knowledge of building insightful visualization for big data
- Basic understanding of concepts in bioinformatics and genomics
- Experience working in the life science industry
- Cloud computing expertise
- Knowledge of Spring framework
- Experience of transforming monolithic applications to microservices based modern architectures
- Strong ability to work independently
- Passionate for current trends and best practices in web application development
- Strong collaborative ability and communication skills
QIAGEN requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for new hires in all U.S. states other than Montana effective as of September 1, 2021. New hires and candidates will be required to present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination within three business days of start date or upon entry into the office (i.e., for interviews), whichever comes first. QIAGEN complies with applicable laws regarding the confidentiality of employee health information and the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Candidates who require accommodation should contact Benefits@QIAGEN.com. This policy is part of QIAGEN’s ongoing efforts to support public health efforts and to ensure the safety and-well-being of its employees, customers, business partners, and community.
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.