At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 6000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
This is a rare opportunity to make a difference in science and healthcare. Few players have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started. Our ambition is to bring together outstanding and passionate people, and we are looking for new talent to join us.
You have entrepreneurial spirit and a strong background in product management of Software-as-a-Service business.
In this position you will be responsible for the commercialization and growth of our business for commercial enterprise and academic research customers. Our industry leading research bioinformatics portfolio includes the product lines IPA, OmicSoft and CLC. You will be responsible to act as a champion for our customers. You will provide leadership and strategic vision for developing solutions for new applications and customer personas in a rapidly evolving environment, with a focus on content driven offerings for data scientists.
In this role, you will work with customers and across the entire organization with executive management, sales operations, product managers, scientists, support, engineering and operations teams to create value from bioinformatics, next generation sequencing, and curated knowledge content.
– Market Sensing: Develop and maintain a strong, quantitative understanding of customer needs, segments, satisfaction and of competition.
– Portfolio Innovation: Guide development for our products with product innovation, packaging and pricing strategies. Identify and develop business cases to prioritize investments.
– Business Ownership: Collaborate with product line managers and engineering on customer requirements for product development and roadmaps. Own user and revenue growth for your portfolio.
– Sales Enablement: create sales tools, collateral content, product positioning and messaging with marketing to convey value. Work with customers to create webinars and customer testimonials. Provide training to international sales teams, application scientists and distributors.
– At least 7 years’ experience in software product management. Track record in achieving revenue growth.
– Industry experience with pharma, data science, NGS, and bioinformatics
– Degree in life sciences, computer science or business administration (MA, MS, PhD or MBA)
– Excellent command of English spoken and written
– Able to share ideas succinctly and clearly
– Willingness and ability to travel (up to 25% travel)
– Willingness to work across different time zones
– Able to lead through influencing in a matrix organization
– Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to tackle new challenges.
– Demonstrated ability to get things done in the face of complexity
QIAGEN requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for new hires in all U.S. states other than Montana effective as of September 1, 2021. New hires and candidates will be required to present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination within three business days of start date or upon entry into the office (i.e., for interviews), whichever comes first. QIAGEN complies with applicable laws regarding the confidentiality of employee health information and the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Candidates who require accommodation should contact Benefits@QIAGEN.com. This policy is part of QIAGEN’s ongoing efforts to support public health efforts and to ensure the safety and-well-being of its employees, customers, business partners, and community.
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.