At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
QIAGEN is looking to fill the role of Build and Release Engineer. Please review the list of responsibilities and qualifications. While this is our ideal list, we will consider candidates that do not necessarily have all the qualifications but have sufficient experience and talent.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Maintain and enhance source control system, software configuration management system, continuous integration environment, and build/deployment tools to successfully and efficiently release code to engineering and production environments. This responsibility may require conducting independent research and investigation for available open-source tools.
• Perform root cause investigation to failures in build process
• Act as a point of knowledge within the team and wider function on the builds’ availability
• Design and maintain the build and deployment solutions across several environments for multiple teams
• Provide deployment support during regularly scheduled deployments to engineering systems.
• Use Docker in a microservice and continuous development atmosphere
• Communicate well with engineering team and project managers to bring attention to current build issues or opportunities for build enhancements.
• Maintain build documentation regarding procedures and processes, including use of open source and third-party software
- BS in Computer Science or similar field
- 5+ year as principal build engineer
- Git/Gitlab, Jenkins, Unix shell, Perl, Python, Ant, Maven, Nexus,
- Docker, Relational Database
- Preferred: Java, Tomcat, Amazon Web Services, PostgreSQL
- Good communication skills
- Team player
QIAGEN requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for new hires in all U.S. states other than Montana effective as of September 1, 2021. New hires and candidates will be required to present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination within three business days of start date or upon entry into the office (i.e., for interviews), whichever comes first. QIAGEN complies with applicable laws regarding the confidentiality of employee health information and the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Candidates who require accommodation should contact Benefits@QIAGEN.com. This policy is part of QIAGEN’s ongoing efforts to support public health efforts and to ensure the safety and-well-being of its employees, customers, business partners, and community.
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.