At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 6000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
We are seeking a highly skilled Usability Engineer to join our dynamic team and contribute to the enhancement of the user experience for our market-leading bioinformatics software. As a Usability Engineer at QIAGEN Digital Insights, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the next generation of bioinformatics software by collaborating with customers, prioritizing UI requirements, and delivering impactful user interfaces.
UI Reviews with Customers:
• Conduct in-depth UI reviews and usability testing sessions with customers to gather insights and feedback.
• Collaborate closely with end-users to understand their needs, pain points, and usage patterns.
Prioritizing UI Experience Requirements:
• Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers and software developers, to prioritize UI requirements based on user feedback and industry best practices.
• Conduct market research to stay abreast of the latest trends and technologies in life science software and bioinformatics.
Delivering and Validating UI Proposals:
• Develop comprehensive UI proposals and specifications that align with user requirements and business objectives.
• Validate UI proposals through usability testing, user feedback loops, and iterative design processes.
Leading QIAGEN Digital Insights into the Next Generation:
• Act as a thought leader in user experience design, driving innovation and excellence in bioinformatics software UI/UX.
• Collaborate with the development team to ensure the successful implementation of UI enhancements.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Usability Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
• Proven experience as a Usability Engineer, UI/UX Designer, or similar role.
• Experience in the life sciences industry with a strong preference for bioinformatics expertise.
• Proficiency in usability testing methodologies, user research, and UI prototyping tools.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
QIAGEN complies with applicable laws regarding the confidentiality of employee health information and the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Candidates who require accommodation should contact Benefits@QIAGEN.com. This policy is part of QIAGEN’s ongoing efforts to support public health efforts and to ensure the safety and-well-being of its employees, customers, business partners, and community.
“The estimated base salary range for this position is 130.000-180.000 USD. Compensation will be based on the candidate’s experience, skills, geographic location, and other job-related factors. In addition to base salary, we offer a total compensation package that includes annual performance bonus and generous benefits. “