At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
QIAGEN Bioinformatics is a leading provider of software and knowledge bases used by life scientists to gain insight from the molecular information in their biological samples. We have developed industry-leading software tools for analysis and reporting of biological data. We are passionate about our users, products, and our vision, and are seeking smart, motivated engineers and scientists who are eager to join our team creating software that actually helps improve people’s lives. Our mission is to make improvements in life possible. We accomplish this by designing tools used in labs all over the world to facilitate scientific discovery and progress, focused on genomics.
Located in Redwood City, CA, QIAGEN offers a professional work environment, competitive benefits, and values work-life balance.
As a member of the OmicSoft Land Processing team within the Content Group, you will be part of a collaborative, cross-functional team of curation scientists, knowledge engineers, product owners, and software and quality engineers building powerful tools to gain biological insight into multi-omics data (microarray, RNASeq, DNASeq, proteomics, etc.). We have built a world-class knowledge base (KB) rich with molecular and functional relationships derived from scientific literature and biological databases. By structuring previously unstructured biological knowledge, the KB provides the foundation for our biomedical data-interpretation capabilities.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a strong background in biology and a focus on to use and expand these skills and help maintain and improve our suite of scientific software applications.
- Work with product owners, scientific and technical team members to understand and refine requirements, use cases, and workflows of product features
- Think critically about our content, the application features, and the scientific literature to ensure end-to-end accuracy and integration
- Participate in the investigation, definition, refinement, and documentation of content and software requirements
- 3+ years in an information-oriented function
- Master’s with industry experience or PhD in the biological sciences or bioinformatics
- Strong foundation in human biology and informatics
- Familiarity with general bioinformatics resources (such as GEO, SRA, ArrayExpress, NCBI Entrez Gene, PubMed, OMIM, ClinVar), tools/techniques (RNA/DNA sequence analysis, NGS technologies) and data interpretation
- Ability to interpret and critically-evaluate the primary literature and databases in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry & human genetics
- Experience developing data pipelines using scripting tools such as bash and Python
- Experience in working with gene expression data (alignment, quantification, differential gene expression)
- Enthusiastic to learn new technologies, including bioinformatics tools, explore diverse content, and algorithms
- Understanding of cancer and disease biology and general pathology
- Familiarity with ontologies, especially biomedical ontologies such as GO, SnoMed, HPO, NCI
- Experience in curation from scientific literature and/or analysis of genetic data
- Experience in single cell data interpretation and processing a plus.
- Working with international team members
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and analyze data
- Team player
- Communication skills
QIAGEN requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for new hires in all U.S. states other than Montana effective as of September 1, 2021. New hires and candidates will be required to present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination within three business days of start date or upon entry into the office (i.e., for interviews), whichever comes first. QIAGEN complies with applicable laws regarding the confidentiality of employee health information and the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Candidates who require accommodation should contact Benefits@QIAGEN.com. This policy is part of QIAGEN’s ongoing efforts to support public health efforts and to ensure the safety and-well-being of its employees, customers, business partners, and community.
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.