At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 6000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
Responsible for our oncology software portfolio, the successful candidate will be responsible for the current and future direction of our 3 marketing leading products in this space, QCI Interpret, Precision Insights and COSMIC. The candidate must work effectively within a cross-functional team of Product Managers, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Quality, Operations, Marketing and Sales personnel with the specific responsibility of guiding product development and commercial launch activities of molecular interpretation products for oncology decision support. QIAGEN Digital Insights has over 36,000 scientific publication citations for driving scientific outcomes while our curated knowledge and clinical products have been used to interpret over 3 million patient cases to support clinical decisions for oncology and hereditary diseases. If you are passionate about making a difference, working with thought leaders and dedicated scientific experts driving genomic research and precision medicine, this is the place for you!
The individual will be responsible for the following activities:
- Development and implementation of market research, product requirements documentation, product launch plans, sales and customer support materials, and activities required for the development, product releases, and commercialization of the QIAGEN Digital Insights oncology portfolio.
- Liaise between global customers, Sales, Product Marketing, R&D, Operations, Regulatory Affairs, Quality, and other functional groups.
- Ensure that product requirements for Sample to Insight solutions are developed, documented, and communicated effectively to software product owners.
- Conduct market research, development of product design goals, and coordination and implementation of all aspects of product design, commercialization requirements, and launches to our direct sales organization and distributors.
- Develop and update business cases as related to QIAGEN Clinical Insight portfolio.
- Review and provide marketing input on all product labeling and promotional strategies that are generated to support product launch.
- Support and update the QIAGEN sales organization and distributors with respect to our technology, our products, and any issues they encounter in the field where they need more in depth marketing assistance related to new product releases.
- Provide input on global regulatory proposals and submissions for all QIAGEN Clinical Insight products.
- Development and implementation of product launch plans, sales and customer support materials, and activities required for the commercialization and launch of genetic product(s) and claims.
- Develop in depth market understanding of current and future trends, competitors, scientific publications and clinical data to support QIAGEN Clinical Insight product marketing.
- Lead pre-marketing trials & evaluations to support commercial product launches.
- Manage Key Opinion Leader (KOL) and partner relationships as needed.
- Participate at trade shows and events specifically focused on the clinical NGS market segment, as required.
- PhD in life sciences with oncology expertise, MBA preferred
- 2+ years work experience in a clinical research or testing environment with interpretation of clinical next generation sequencing (NGS) data
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in product management, and/or sales, preferably in a diagnostic business.
- Experience with molecular diagnostics product marketing (either commercial assays or lab-developed tests)
- Experience IVD product development for oncology is preferred.
- Experience in marketing and/or sales of these types of products is an asset.
- Experience in conducting market analysis and market research, writing marketing plans, establishing product strategies, working with product development teams, forecasting, pricing, and developing marketing and sales support materials and tools for product commercialization.
- Team player able to collaborate, communicate and manage activities effectively across cross functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written English communication skills
- Attentive to detail and comfortable with complexity
- Ability to financially analyze market data
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
QIAGEN requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for new hires in all U.S. states other than Montana effective as of September 1, 2021. New hires and candidates will be required to present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination within three business days of start date or upon entry into the office (i.e., for interviews), whichever comes first. QIAGEN complies with applicable laws regarding the confidentiality of employee health information and the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Candidates who require accommodation should contact Benefits@QIAGEN.com. This policy is part of QIAGEN’s ongoing efforts to support public health efforts and to ensure the safety and-well-being of its employees, customers, business partners, and community.
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.